Can you believe that the Medallion background stamp is retiring? It is definitely one of my favorites—so elegant and versatile! I love combining it with the emboss resist techique. It is fun to do with the Clear Embossing Powder, so your background design shows through, but today, I tried using White Embossing Powder for a different effect on my Two Cool cards.
My first card reminds me of a beautiful sunset! I stamped the Medallion onto Whisper White card stock, then heat embossed with White Embossing Powder.
Next, I sponged on some of the retiring In Colors, beginning in the center and working outward: Concord Crush, Poppy Parade, and Peach Parfait. It's so bright and gorgeous!
The card front is embellished with retiring Concord Crush Poly-Stitch Ribbon, and a retiring brad from Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads.
Sneak Peek: Check out the "congratulations" sentiment! It's from a new stamp set called Bitty Banners and it coordinates with new Bitty Banners Framelits! OOooohh! Too Cool!
Here's another version of the same basic design, this time in all neutral colors and stepped up a bit!
After embossing the Medallion on white, I sponged on Early Espresso, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake ink for the resist. Next, I stamped the retiring French Filigree background in Chocolate Chip and wiped away the excess ink with a tissue.
The center of the medallion image is layered with a Soft Suede retiring Triple Blossom Bouquet Punch.
Paper-Wrapped Brad—I dressed up the center with a retiring 5/8" Jumbo Neutrals Brad that's wrapped with retiring Mocha Morning Designer Series Paper. Doesn't it look like a fabric button? Simply cut out a 1-1/4" square piece of decorative paper, mist with water and wrap around the front of the brad. It will dry and stay in place without adhesive!
I wrapped the card front with retiring Chantilly Crochet Trim.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Medallion (retiring), Bitty Banners (coming soon), French Filigree (card #2, retiring)
- Ink—VersaMark; Card #1: Concord Crush, Poppy Parade, and Peach Parfait (all retiring) Classic Ink. Card #2: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
- Paper—Card #1: Concord Crush and Poppy Parade (both retiring), Whisper White card stock; Card #2: Mocha Morning DSP (retiring); Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Card #1: Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads (retiring), Concord Crush Poly-Stitched Ribbon (retiring). Card #2: Pearl Jewels, Chantilly Crochet Trim (retiring), Jumbo Neutrals Brads (card #2, retiring), White Embossing Powder
- Tools—Sponges, Heat Tool, Bitty Banners Framelits (coming soon), Triple Blossom Bouquet Punch (card #2, retiring), Dimensionals, Sticky Strip
* * * * *
Don't wait! Order retiring stamp sets and accessories today at my Online Store!
Retiring Items Quick Links: