- Retired Accessories While Supplies Last! Order Now!
- See The Complete Retired Stamps List
- 25% Off MDS Kits & Print Products—Shop Now!
Hi Stamping Friends!
I have another fun card to show you from our Too Cool Demo Team shoebox swap on Monday featuring birthday cards in the new Color Refresh colors (plus a little catalog sneak peek!). This project was created by Rita Berning.
Designed by Rita Berning, Too Cool Demo Team member. Original design by Carrie Cudney at Convention 2011.
What can be better than a birthday card made with chocolate?!!! The cake is made with 3 Hershey's Miniatures! Yummy!
Rita's birthday card highlights the Pear Pizzazz color for the card base and Island Indigo for the cake base, both returning as part of the new Stampin' Up! Color Collections!
Each of the Hershey's Miniatures is wrapped in paper from the new Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper from the 2013-2014 Annual Catalog coming out May 31, 2013 (request your copy now!).
The chocolates are adhered to the card with Sticky Strip and decorated with Daffodil Delight Seam Binding that's been scrunched. To scrunch the ribbon, simply pull a center thread. See more on this technique on this post: Scrunchy Ribbon. Use Sticky Strip to hold the ribbon on, too.
Before adding the chocolates, we added some Melon Mambo candles with hand-cut Daffodil Delight flames. For the two-tone flame, we simply colored on the card stock with a Pumpkin Pie marker.
We also added a little Pear Pizzazz sponging along the Whisper White background to soften the edges.
The cake base is made of a combination of shapes. The semi-circle is from the 1-3/8" Circle Punch, which is layered on a 1/2" wide strip for the pedastal. The cake is resting on a die-cut strip from the Finishing Touches Edgelits.
We stamped a sentiment for the inside from the new Label Love stamp set from the upcoming Annual Catalog. And, there's a coordinating punch for this shape called Artisan Label, which we used to punch out the sentiment, as well as to create a layer of Island Indigo behind it. I LOVE this new shape!
This card is so super cute! Wouldn't it be a perfect design for kids?! Heck, who am I kidding—it's great for "kids" of any age! But, if I received this card, how in the world would I be able to ruin the card to eat those chocolates? #chocolatedilemma I'm sure most recipients wouldn't have a problem. Haha!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Label Love #130622 (coming May 31, 2013)
- Ink—Pumpkin Pie Marker; Island Indigo and Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink
- Paper—Gingham Garden DSP # 129310 (coming soon); Pear Pizzazz (coming soon), Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Daffodil Delight Seam Binding
- Tools—Finishing Touches Edgelits, Big Shot, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Artisan Label Punch #130920 (coming soon), Multipurpose Adhesive, Sticky Strip, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Promotions & New Arrivals Quick Links