►►►Current SAB Hostess Code is YBBQBBGQ◄◄◄
Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Sign Up For The Next Group!
- CLASS: Sale-A-Bration Celebration—Earn your invitation now for April 19 event!
- CLASS: TC Stamper Sampler Class—Learn Trendy techniques! February 18.
- CLASS: Stamp-of-the-Month—Featuring Painted Petals. March 12. Register by February 25.
- Occasions Catalog PDF—New stamps, tools & accessories for the New Year!
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—Learn how to earn FREE goodies thru March 31!
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
So, what is your favorite item from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure? I'm loving this year's choices so much this year that it sure makes it hard to decide. Today's card design uses two of my favorites—the Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper and the Big Day stamp set! You can choose either one for FREE when you order $50 during the Sale-A-Bration promotion!
The Best Day Ever DSP not only has a pretty combination of colors, it's also filled with small, multicolored patterns that look great on the small canvas of a card!
CASEd from Lyssa Zwolanek at Song of My Heart Stampers.
Background Basics—I started with a 3" x 5-1/2" piece of Best Year Ever DSP and matted it on a 3-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Coastal Cabana. It's adhered to a Calypso Coral card base.
Chalk Board Label—The Big Day stamp set's hand-drawn, sketched look makes it an excellent choice for stamping on the new Chalk Board Paper. Before stamping, I rubbed the Chalk Board Paper with the Embossing Buddy for the sole purpose of "chalking up" the paper. You certainly don't need to do this, I just like the chalky residue adding to the look.
I stamped the Big Day image onto a Labels Collection Framelits Chalk Board Paper die-cut in White Craft Ink. I love how this bright, opaque ink really pops on black!
TIP: For best results, make sure that your White Craft Ink is really inked up before stamping. You want the rubber fully covered for an image that really pops!
TIP: It takes some time for the Craft Ink to dry, so be very careful not to smudge it before it's dry. You can use the Heat Tool to speed up the process.
Once the ink was thoroughly dry, I popped up the element with Dimensionals and added some Rhinestone Jewels.
Two Cool—I also tried a phrase from the Feel Goods stamp set because the images also have a hand-written look. This is another great set to use on Chalk Board Paper.
Banner Accents—I finished my focal point with some colorful Banner punches in Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry and Calypso Coral. They are all popped up with Dimensionals. Super cute!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—SAB Big Day (wood) card #1, Feel Goods (wood) card #2
- Ink—White Craft Ink
- Paper—SAB Best Year Ever DSP; Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Labels Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Banner Punch, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
3 Ways To Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Goodies!
Check out all of the exclusive Sale-A-Bration items you can earn for FREE this year! Browse the Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF.
I'll be hosting a very special event after Sale-A-Bration where I spoil you! It's a Sale-A-Bration Celebration! We'll have make & takes, gifts, prizes, specials, refreshments and more! Mark your calendars for Sunday, April 19!
It's FREE—Earn Your Invitation!
Simply participate in the Sale-A-Bration promotion by spending a total of $150, hosting a $150 workshop, or purchasing a Starter Kit before March 31, 2015. See complete details, including online To-Go options!
Stampin' Quick Links