►Stamp Away Your Winter Blues With Too Cool Classes◄
- See my Calendar of Events for the complete schedule!
- Or, see details about the newest Spring class additions!
Only 3 Days Left To RSVP For Saturday's Event!
Attend the Sale-A-Bration Kick-Off Pre-Party on Saturday, January 25 at 2pm.
- Create 8 Sale-A-Bration Projects!
- Pick Up A Sale-A-Bration Flyer!
- Sale-A-Bration Items On Display!
- Hostess Booking Incentives!
- Place Your Sale-A-Bration Order For Priority Processing On Jan. 28!
- Door Prizes!
- Light Refreshments!
Cost: $25 or just $10 with your $50 Sale-A-Bration order* placed at the event (including your choice of a FREE Sale-A-Bration item). Class-To-Go Kits available by request. RSVP By Janaury 22, 2014.
Hi Stamping Friends!
It's a fabulous stamping week! Lots of creativity happening in my Too Cool Stamping Studio!
Today, I'm busy creating projects for my Sale-A-Bration Kick-Off Pre-Party event on Saturday, and I'm featuring one of those cards on today's post! I'm also getting excited about our Demonstrator Shoebox Swap that we are having tonight! Can't wait to see what my team members will have us making with the new Spring products! Woohoo!
Also, a quick reminder that today is the LAST DAY for this week's Weekly Deals. Don't miss the awesome discount on the Chalk Talk Framelits if you don't yet have those! I'll be placing an order tonight, so email me if you want me to add something for you. Or, go to my Online Store anytime today and place your own order to have it shipped directly to you!
One of my favorite presentations at this year's Leadership conference was about trends, and according to Brandi Barnard, ombré is a hot look in papercrafting, as well as in fashion, decorating and more. Today's two cool cards are an example of a "paint chip" design that lends itself to the ombré trend.
CASEd from a Leadership 2014 swap card, is it yours?
I photographed a lovely swap card at Leadership that looked like this one and I knew it would be perfect for the Sale-A-Bration Kick-Off Pre-Party! It features the pretty You're Lovely stamp set and the Decorative Dots Texture Impressions Folder, both of which will be available as FREE selections in the Sale-A-Bration Flyer beginning on January 28, 2014.
Background Panels—The panels are all 3-3/4" long and the widths are as follows: Raspberry Ripple 1-3/4" wide, Strawberry Slush 1-1/4" wide, Crisp Cantaloupe 1" wide and Primrose Petals 3/4" wide.
After the panels were embossed with the Decorative Dots Folder, they were adhered to a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White and mounted on a Raspberry Ripple card base.
You're Lovely Stamp—I stamped the You're Lovely focal point onto Whisper White with Raspberry Ripple ink and added a matching sentiment from the same set. Then, I colored in the flowers with Crisp Cantaloup, Strawberry Slush and Pistachio Pudding ink and a Blender Pen. I die-cut the shape with the coordinating Deco Labels Collection Framelits.
Finishing Accents—I die-cut another larger Deco Labels shape from Vellum Card stock, added some Primrose Stitched Satin Ribbon streamers, and stacked both layers with Dimensionals onto the card front. Lastly, I added a couple of Rhinestone Jewels to the flower centers.
I had so much fun with the first card, I thought I'd try another version in a different color scheme. This one, from largest panel to smallest, includes Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana. Everything is mounted on an Island Indigo card base.
This time, the image is inked in Island Indigo, then colored with Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay and Pistachio Pudding and a Blender Marker. The only coordinating ribbon I had was the 1/8" Bermuda Bay Taffeta, which was a little small for streamers, so I tied a bow instead and attached it with a Glue Dot.
Which color combo do you like better? Let me know in the comments section below (or click here to comment if you're reading by email!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—You're Lovely (coming January 28, 2014)
- Ink—Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding (card #1) and Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Pistachio Pudding (card #2) Markers; Raspberry Ripple (card #1), Island Indigo (card #2) Classic Ink
- Paper—Vellum Card Stock; Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Strawberry Slush and Crisp Cantaloupe (card #1), Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Pistachio Pudding (card #2) and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon (card #1), 1/8" Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon (card #2), Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Decorative Dots Texture Impressions Folder (coming January 28, 2014), Deco Labels Collectino Framelits, Big Shot, Glue Dots (card #2), Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Want To Make This Trendy Card? Sign Up For The Sale-A-Bration Kick-Off Party! Contact me by January 22, 2014. Class-To-Go Kits are available by request.
Too Cool Events!
- January Spring Spectacular Registration—Ends Jan. 25
- Full Spring Classes Event Schedule
- Sale-A-Bration Kick-Off Pre-Party—Jan. 25, RSVP by Jan. 22.
- "Last Thursdays" Class—January 30
Don't Miss These!