- Browse The Holiday Catalog—Flipbook.
- NEW Thinlit Card Dies—See details.
- NEW Best of Halloween Set—See details.
- Pick A FREE Project Kit—See details.
- NEW $10 Paper Pumpkin Kits For 2 Months—Learn more!
- NEW Undefined Carving Stamp Kit—Now available!
Hi Stamping Friends!
You won't want to miss my Wow Techniques Class next Friday! We're doing more fancy cards with cool punch-outs and windows, plus you'll get to select which version to create! Here are the details!
- When: Friday, August 9, 2013, at 6:30pm.
- Where: My Too Cool Stamping Studio, Fort Wayne, IN
- What: We'll create three "wow" cards using fun, more advanced techniques. Envelopes included.
- Cost: $15 or FREE with a minimum order placed at the event.*
- Who: This class is designed for stampers who want to go beyond the basics, but even new stampers are welcome! We'll get you up to speed!
*Minimum order is $25. Stamp Club orders qualify. Other club, class, and workshop orders do not qualify.
**August Two Cool Bonus**—As a special feature this month, attendees will be able
to choose which of the Two Cool versions of my cards they want to
create! Every card has an alternate color combination/theme—choose your
- Scallop Circle Tri-Fold—Birthday or Halloween
- Square Window Tri-Fold—Tangerine Tango or Island Indigo
- Lattice Window Frame—Butterfly or Snowflake
Contact me today to RSVP for the "Wow" Class!
* * * * *
NEW Stamp Club Beginning In October—Members attend all my Wow Techniques Classes for FREE, and receive the class kit if they cannot attend. Plus, they receive Hostess Benefits during one month. See Stamp Club details. Contact me today to reserve your Stamp Club spot!
This is the first set of Two Cool cards for the Wow Techniques Class! Class attendees will be able to choose which version they'd like to create—how cool is that?!!
I've been wanting to try this unique tri-fold card for awhile, and when I
received one as a Convention swap from Trudy Freas (above right), it sealed the
deal! Her card was so cute that I CASEd it exactly, adding a few extra
The card base is Melon Mambo. I added a 4-1/4" x 1-1/4" layer of Pear Pizzazz card stock behind the 4-1/4" x 1" strip of Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper.
It's a vertical tri-fold, so you lift the top, then open the bottom to reveal lots of space for writing. When it's folded, it's sized to fit in a A2 Medium Envelope.
Circle Scallop Tri-Fold Instructions
- Start with a standard vertical card base: 4-1/4" x 11".
- Score along the 11" side at 4-1/8" and 8-1/2".
- Position the 2-1/2" Circle Punch over the 8-1/2" score line so the fold is in the center of the circle and the card stock is in the punch as far as it will go. Punch!
- Punch a 2-3/8" Scallop Circle. With the card folded closed, adhere the scallop circle to the top of the card that shows through the semi-circle hole. I used a little bit of Sticky Strip, along with SNAIL, to keep it in place securely.
I stamped the Best of Birthdays image in Night of Navy on Very Vanilla, then colored it in with Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz ink and a Blender Pen. It's punched with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch and layered on a Daffodil Delight scallop circle. My card has some Dazzling Diamonds on the frosting, added with the 2-Way Glue Pen.
I love the pop of color with the Night of Navy Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon tied through the window.
The front flap is punched with the Scallop Edge Border Punch. I stepped up the card by adding a strip of 4-1/4" x 1/2' Melon Mambo card stock, texture embossed with the Needlepoint Border Folder, and accented with Rhinestone Jewels.
I love how the Halloween version turned out! I used Pumpkin Pie card stock for the base, with Summer Starfruit and Witches' Brew DSP for the card base. I changed the positioning of the ribbon and used Black 1/8" Taffeta.
I colored the Tags 4 You "trick or treat" image with Pumpkin Pie and Black Markers onto Whisper White, then glittered up with some Dazzling Diamonds. I used the coordinating Label Bracket Punch to cut it out and another black punch-out was cut in half for the second layer. They're both mounted on a Summer Starfruit scallop circle.
The "cute" skull from the Halloween Hello gives a great balance to the card, as well as helping to keep the card closed. I punched it out with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch and adhered it with a couple Dimensionals, just barely overlapping the scalloped edge. Like the Rhinestone eyeballs? Teehee!
Complete Supply List (card #1):
- Stamps—Best of Birthdays
- Ink—Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink
- Paper—Gingham Garden DSP; Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Night of Navy Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels, Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—Needlepoint Border Texture Impressions Folders, Big Shot, Scallop Edge Border Punch, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Simply Scored Tool, Blender Pen, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, 2-Way Glue Pen, SNAIL
Complete Supply List (card #2):
- Stamps—Tags 4 You (wood) or Tags 4 You Bundle (wood), Halloween Hello (wood)
- Ink—Black Classic Ink; Black and Pumpkin Pie Markers
- Paper—Witches' Brew DSP;
Pumpkin Pie, Summer Starfruit, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—1/8" Black Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels, Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—Tags 4 You Bundle (wood), Needlepoint Border Texture Impressions Folders, Big Shot, Scallop Edge Border Punch, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Simply Scored Tool, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, 2-Way Glue Pen, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!