And, just like the blooms in your garden, they come in all shapes and colors! Using various Stampin' Up! punches and dies, along with card stock, Designer Series paper, and even ribbon, provides limitless creative possibilities!
Then, at our April Too Cool Demo Meeting, Michelle Hoover showed us how to make Gerber Daisies with the Daisies Flower #2 Bigz Die—woohoo, it's a new one for me!
Here's the flower that I made…simply fabulous! And, so easy!
- Die-cut four large daisy flowers and adhere them with Multipurpose Glue, curling up the top three layers.
- Die-cut six of the small daisy flowers, adhere them with Multipurpose Glue, and curl all layers.
- For the flower center, add Crystal Effects to a Build-A-Brad and let it set for 30-45 minutes. (Hey look! It's another project with Build A Brads!)
- Then, sprinkle gold and black embossing powder over the glue and heat with a Heat Tool until bubbly.
- Attach the brad to the center with more Multipurpose Glue.
- Spray the daisy with a little Shimmer Mist Spray (made with Shimmer Mist and rubbing alcohol).
You can see a complete tutorial at Stamping With Noel's blog: Gerber Daisies.
Here's the complete card that I created with my Gerber Daisy…
I used the Paisley Petals DSP and Four Frames stamp set that are available for just a few more days with the Spring Is Blossoming promotion! Don't miss it—offer ends April 30th!
And, I know, I know, this isn't the type of card that the post office likes (unless it's in a padded envelope), but it's perfect for hand-delivered cards. Or, to top a lovely gift box in place of a bow. Or, what about in place of the Fun Flower on the ribbon bookmark that I showed you yesterday?! Great idea!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Four Frames, Occasional Quotes
- Ink—Early Espresso and Tangerine Tango Classic Ink.
- Paper—Paisley Petals DSP, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Build-A-Brads, Gold Embossing Powder, Black Embossing Powder, Daffodil 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Champagne Shimmer Mist
- Tools—Daisies Flower #2 Die, Tasteful Trim Die (for scallop border), Decorative Label Punch, Heat Tool, Tombow Multipurpose Glue, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Order the supplies to make this project at my Too Cool Online Store!
Last Chance For Occasions Mini Items
Just a reminder that there are just a few more days before the Occasions Mini limited-time-only items are gone! We've already heard that the Vanilla Rosettes inventory has been depleted, so those are already sold out!
Summer Mini Catalog Starts May 1!
Have you you received your Summer Mini Catalog yet? If so, what do you think of the new products?! Leave me a comment below (and you'll be entered to win blog candy).
There are some really awesome new products coming! I'm really excited about…
- Triple Layer Punches—Three punches in one!
- Nautical stamps & accessories!
- More masculine stamps!
- Postage Stamp Punch & stamps to match!
- Beautiful summer flower stamps & papers
- Colored Embossing Powders
- Summer Fun whimsical stamps
- Back-to-School theme stamps
If you'd like your own copy, and you do not already have a relationship with another demonstrator, contact me and I'll get one in the mail to you.