Janet Shinn created this stunning Climbing Orchid card for our Too Cool Team swap and I couldn't wait to share it. I'm loving the layers on this orchid and the color combination is so soft and pretty! I also enjoy the cool diagonal background!
Background Basics—Janet created the cool diagonal background by layering a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of the Floral Romance Designer Series Paper onto a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock. Next, she positioned the layers over a Thick Whisper White card base, temporarily tacking it down to the front with a couple of dabs of SNAIL adhesive. She trimmed off the excess with super-sharp Paper Snips to complete the shape. Before mounting it onto the card base, she tied some Pear Pizzazz Shimmer Ribbon around the layers into a double-knot.
Sweet Sentiment—Janet stamped the Climbing Orchid sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto the card front under the diagonal layers.
Extraordinary Orchids—For the fabulous focal point, Janet stamped the full flower, 3-petal, 2-petal and large flower center images from the Climbing Orchid in Petal Pink ink onto Petal Pink cardstock. She die-cut them with the coordinating Orchid Builder dies. She adhered the large flower with Dimensionals, and assembled the other three pieces into the second flower, which was also attached with Dimensionals.
Finishing Touches—Janet die-cut the Pear Pizzazz leaves using the retiring Eclectic Layers dies and attached them with Glue Dots. She finished by adding some Basic Pearl Jewels to the centers of the flowers.
A "wow" card, for sure! Thanks for sharing, Janet!
The pretty Climbing Orchid layered flowers are perfect for creating decorations on gift bags and boxes! I love it paired with the elegant Gold Stripped Bags, which will be retiring, too. What a lovely way to give a little gift to a friend! With a different sentiment, I can also see it as a perfect little table favor for a wedding reception, bridal shower or even a graduation ceremony. Print out the project sheet above for your reference.
- Cut a banner tail from a 3” x 6” piece of Basic Black dotted 6×6” Neutrals Designer Series Paper Pack.
- Fold top edge over 1" and punch a hole with the 1/8” Hole Punch about 1" from each side. Thread Lemon Lime Twist Ombré Ribbon through holes & tie bow in front.
- Stamp large & small Climbing Orchid flowers in Lemon Lime Twist ink onto Whisper White cardstock. Stamp flower center on small flower. Paint flower with Wink of Stella. Die-cut with the Orchid Builder dies. Pop up onto banner with Dimensionals.
- Stamp leaves in Black ink onto Lemon Lime Twist cardstock, die-cut & pop with Dimensionals.
- Stamp Climbing Orchid sentiment onto banner onto 4-1/4” x ½” strip, banner cut tail and pop with Dimensionals.
Shop Now For Products To Create This Project
• • • • •
Thanks For Stopping By Today!