So, I had to go to the dentist yesterday to get drilled and filled. Yuck-ola! But, instead of dreading it, I decided to brighten everyone's day at the dental office with a dentist-friendly treat! That made my visit much more fun!
I decided to decorate some Trident White Gum packs using some old retired Parisian Breeze Designer Series Paper (one of my all-time favorites!).
The papers were cut to 3-3/8" wide and 6" long. I scored at 2", 2-1/4", 4-1/4" and 4-5/8", but I have to say that it didn't fit the package exactly. This paper is nearly as heavy as card stock, so the scoring helped it bend around the box, if not precisely. If I were to use regular Designer Series Paper, I probably wouldn't have scored it at all.
I adhered one end of the paper to itself (not the box) with Sticky Strip, so it allowed the gum to slide completely out (in case they wanted to see what they were actually going to be chewing).
Once the box was adhered, I pulled the gum out and punched a little notch out of the side with the Small Oval Punch to make it easier to pull the gum out. Punch both sides at the same time to keep the notches even.
I decorated the box with coordinating papers from Parisian Breeze, punched with the Elegant Butterfly Punch and Bitty Butterfly Punch, stacked with Dimensionals, and adorned with a Pearl Jewel.
I stamped the Petite Pairs sentiment in Early Espresso then punched it out with the Small Oval Punch.
Pull out the gum and you see the rest of the sentiment—isn't it PERFECT for dental hygienists!
The sentiment is adhered to the back of the gum. The packs I purchased were double packs that I split up into 8-piece boxes. So, I got six gum treats out of a package.
They have a huge office with nearly 20 hygienists, so I had to make a bunch! See the green peeking out? The boxes had just enough room to slip one of my business card sized "free class passes" inside! Hopefully, some of them will come and stamp with me soon!
When all was said and done, it was a great day at Family Dentistry & Aesthetics! Turns out seeing the dentist isn't so bad, after all! *smile*
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Petite Pairs
- Ink—Early Espresso Classic Ink
- Paper—Parisian Breeze DSP (retired); Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Small Oval Punch, Sticky Strip,
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription. Sign up by March 10.
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- Best of 25 Years Stamp Club by Mail—One more opening available.
- NEW The Basics Online Class—34 project lessons, only $14.95
- NEW Photopolymer All-Clear Stamps—New Designer Typeset set!
- Hostess Codes—Learn how you can earn more Hostess Benefits!
Events—Mark Your Calendars!