Are you loving the new Dazzling Details as much as I am?!
It's essentially Dazzling Diamonds glitter in a clear glue medium, so there's no mess (and no finding glitter in your eyebrow, or on your dog's nose the next day!).
Plus, with the extra-fine tip applicator and thick formula, you have complete control for precise application!
Oh, and did I mention it's only it's only $2.50! You get a lot of bang for the buck! (So when you need just a few more dollars to get to the next Hostess Level, remember that this is a great add-on!)
I find Dazzling Details to be especially awesome for adding snowy accents to Christmas cards, like this one I made with the Christmas Lodge stamp set…
This is a card I created at Michelle Hoover's Stamp-A-Stack class…so lovely! A classic Christmas look! Check out all of the sparkle that Dazzling Details adds to the snow…
The Dazzling Details absolutely makes this card, don't you agree?! You can click to enlarge for a better look.
TIP: Michelle recommended that we add the Dazzling Details glue to the StazOn stamped image first and let it dry before coloring in the rest of the lodge. Because it's water-based, the glue can make your marker colors bleed and run if applied on top of them. Also, make sure your Details glue is completely dry before coloring, or you may get glue on your marker, which can ruin your brush tips.
TIP: Dazzling Details does take a little time to dry, so you'll have to be patient. You can speed up the drying time by using a Heat Tool or hair dryer, but don't get the glue too hot or it may bubble (which is a whole other fun technique I'll have to show you sometime).
I really liked the details that Michelle had us add to this card. We wrapped the end of the sentiment banner around a Paper Piercer for the look of a scroll.
We also made a cute double bow from the Cherry Cobble Quilted Satin Ribbon! I love this look! You can create one by using your fingers as a template. Sharon Fields at the Created By You blog has a wonderful pictorial: Double Loop Bows—Finger Tying Method.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Christmas Lodge
- Ink—Black StazOn Ink, Early Espresso Classic Ink, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green Markers
- Paper—Frostwood Lodge DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Dazzling Details, Cherry Cobble Quilted Satin Ribbon, Neutral Buttons, Linen Thread
- Tools—Ovals #2 Die, old Scallop Oval frame Die (retired), Snow Burst Impressions Folder, Paper Piercer (for scroll), 1" Square Punch (for banner tail), Dimensionals, SNAIL
You can purchase all the supplies to create this card at my Stampin' Up! Online Store!
Tomorrow, I'll show you another way you can use Dazzling Details to add sparkle to images! You'll love it!
* * * * *
One More Day To Register For The Christmas Lane 6×6" Album Class…
- Christmas Lane 6×6" Holiday Album Class—Register by November 16.
- Holiday Stamp-A-Stack—November 30. Register by November 28.
- $35 Extra Hostess Benefits—When you host a $350 or more workshop through Dec. 15.