I knew I wanted one of my tag designs for tonight's Stamp Club tags class to have a vintage look. I love how these turned out…
They are very soft and elegant looking. And very similar to the basic design of the Winter Wishes Stitched Felt Tags Kit ones. These also use the Two Tags Die for the base, but this time I've layered some Mocha Morning Designer Series Paper with Cherry Cobbler card stock edged with the Scallop Trim Border Punch.
The details are what make this tag so special! I embossed Very Vanilla card stock with the oval Designer Frames Impressions Folder, then trimmed around it and sponged it with Crumb Cake ink.
Next, I stamped either the deer image from Winter Post or the family image from Welcome Christmas onto more Very Vanilla and punched with the Extra-Large Oval Punch to layer inside the Designer Frame. I popped the frame with Dimensionals then added a bit of Chantilly Crochet Trim to finish it off.
My Shoulda-Coulda Moment is that Pearl Jewels would look fantastic on these tags! Or, maybe a mist of my Shimmer Mist spray…oh yeah! (apparently everything I make these days needs a little of this spray!)
I chose Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding for the hanging tie and I think that the color really "ties" the whole project together. Most of my other hangers have been cord or twine, and none were an intregal part of the tag's design. This ribbon is. The beautiful red, flowing ribbon makes the project much more stunning, in my opinion!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Winter Post (tags 1, 3), Welcome Christmas (tags 2, 4)
- Ink—Crumb Cake, Early Espresso Classic Ink
- Paper—Mocha Morning DSP, plus Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Chantilly Crochet Trim, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding
- Tools—Scallop Trim Border Punch, Extra-Large Oval Punch, Two Tags Die, Designer Frames Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Sponges, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies at my Online Store!
* * * * *
I hope you've enjoyed this week's posts about my Stamp Club tags class! Are you joining us? I still have a few openings left. See you there!