Ohhhh! Ooooh! Ahhhh!
That's how these 3×3" glistening tags make me feel!
CASEd from Maureen Albert on Stampin' Connection
The candy cane is a die cut from the Stocking Accents Die, but it's that awesome combination of Red Glimmer Paper and Silver Glimmer Paper that makes this card a "wow!" The photos don't do them justice! Sparkly, sparkly, sparkly!
Candy Cane Paper Piecing
This paper piecing is fun and easy, especially because the candy cane die-cut is already pre-perforated so you know exactly where to cut the sections.
- Die-cut 4 candy canes: 1 in Red Glimmer, 1 in Silver Glimmer, and 2 in Real Red card stock to use as foundations.
- Carefully cut along the perforated candy cane stripes.
- Add SNAIL adhesive to the top of your card stock die-cuts, then using those as a base, start alternating colored sections of the candy cane Glimmer die-cuts. You'll have enough sections to build Two Cool candy canes. Double the fun!
I had so much fun making these, I tried some of the other die-cuts from the Stocking Accents Die!
How about Two Cool Christmas Glimmer Lights tags…
String them up with some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine…cute, cute, cute! These die-cuts are not pre-perfed, but they were easy to cut. Simply hold one red and one silver piece together, then cut them at the same time so that the cut mark is easy to match up.
Now, what about Two Cool Christmas Ornaments tags…
The sections on this accent were also cut freehand, just hold the two colors together when you trim. I added more Baker's Twine and a snowflake from the Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die attached with a Rhinestone Brad.
Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die TIP
I finally ordered the Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die! I admit that, although I've always loved the beautiful snowflakes, I had heard horrible stories about how the die-cuts were so intricate that you had to use your Paper Piercer to pick, poke and pry the flakes from the die. It certainly sounded like more trouble than it was worth!
Then, the most-awesome demonstrator, Deb Valder, posted the most-fantastic tip about unsticking sticky dies, and now all is right with the Northern Frost snowflake world! She puts a layer of clear packing tape over her Sizzlets and Embosslits—that's right cover the whole die with tape!
And, TaDa! All of the pieces magically pop right out! No more digging with the Piercing Tool! As soon as I discovered that tip, I ordered that Northern Frost Die quicker than you can cook asparagus!
* * * * *
What an awesome trio of glimmering tags! I was going to have my Club do only candy canes, but now that I've made other variations, they can choose which ones they want for their four tags in this style.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Warm Words (retired), Small Script (retired)
- Ink—Garden Green Classic Ink
- Paper—Red Glimmer Paper, Silver Glimmer Paper, plus Garden Green, Real Red, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon (candy cane), Clear Rhinestone Brads (ornaments), Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads (ornaments), Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (lights, ornaments)
- Tools—Stocking Accents Die, Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die (ornaments), Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies at my Online Store!
* * * * *
Stay tuned for more tags from my Stamp Club this week!