Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Group 2 Signups Now Open!
- EVENT: Anything Goes Open Stamp Night—Thursday, November 13
- CLASS: Dec. Countdown To Christmas—Ornamental Pine. Register by Nov. 19.
- CLASS: All Is Calm Monogram Set—Wednesday, November 19
- CLASS: Dec Stamp-of-the-Month—Get Your Santa On. Register by Nov. 25.
- CLASS: November "Last Thursdays"—Tuesday, November 25
- 2014 Holiday Supplement PDF—Browse items Online.
- 2014 Holiday Catalog PDF—Browse items Online.
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Thank you so much for all of the awesome feedback about my upcoming TC Stamper Sampler Class featuring the All Is Calm Monogrammed Gift Set! I've had a couple of questions that keep coming up, so I thought I'd answer them on my blog…
* * * * *
A: No…Because You Already Have Access To Them For FREE! I provide all of the information you'll need to recreate ANY of my projects for FREE right here on my blog! They may not be up as soon as the class is announced, but they will be up eventually.
Printable Instructions Come With Class Kits—I do provide simple, printable, step-by-step instructions & tips for my Class-To-Go kits in the form of a PDF. But, I do not sell these individually, since all of the info is shared on my blog.
Q: Is It OK If I Use Your Project Ideas In My Own Classes or For A Craft Fair?
A: Of Course! As my blog banner says, I am here "Sharing Stamping Ideas That Are Too Cool," and I try my best to do so freely! I encourage you to also copy & share the ideas I have posted here. The only thing I ask of you is to please credit the originator of the project whenever possible, whether it's me or another stamper. I give a shout-out and a link back to whomever I CASE, if I have it, and I appreciate the same courtesy. Stamp it forward!
* * * * *
So, true to my philosophy, today I'm spotlighting the details on two cool monogrammed note pads from my upcoming All Is Calm Monogrammed Gift Set Class. Here we go!
#1 Magnetic Monogrammed Scratch Pad
Who doesn't need a little scratch pad for a quick note to your family or co-worker, or to keep a To-Do or grocery list? This one even has magnetic strips on the back, so you can hang it on your refrigerator, filing cabint, steel door, locker, or magnetic dry erase board. So handy!
Scratch Pad Cover How-Tos
I used Office Depot 3" x 5" Scratch Pads, which come in a pack of 12. For different 3" x 5" scratch pads, you may have to adjust the scoring depending on the thickness of the paper or how many sheets are included.
- Start with a 10-1/2" x 3-1/4" piece of card stock. I used Pear Pizzazz.
- Score along the 10-1/2" side at the 5-1/16" and 5-7/16" marks. TIP: I used the Simply Scored tool, which only scores at 1/8" increments. Simply move the left edge of your card stock in-between the edge of the board and the first 1/8" groove, then score on the 5-1/8" and 5-1/2" marks. Fold and crease.
- Add Sticky Strip adhesive on the back of the scratch pad down each of the 5" sides.
- Adhere the pad to the inside of the cover flush to the fold. You should have about 1/8" of cardstock showing on the remaining three sides.
- Add another piece of Sticky Strip on glue strip at the top of the pad and adhere the spine of the cover to that. This will help to keep the cover closed.
- Add magnet strips to the back. I adhered two 4-1/2" strips of 1/2" wide magnetic tape.
Scratch Pad Background—I decorated the front of the scratch pad with a 2-3/4" x 4-1/2" piece of All Is Calm Designer Series Paper, then added a 3/4" x 4-1/2" strip of Soft Sky card stock down the center. A Lost Lagoon Silky Taffeta Ribbon bow is adhere to the top with a Glue Dot.
Monogram Medallion—I stamped the retired Lovely Letters monogram in Old Olive onto Whisper White, then punched it out with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch. I don't like to use retired product very much, but the Lovely Letters looked so fabulous with the flourish pattern of the All Is Calm DSP. You could substitute the current Metro Type Alphabet for this project.
The letter is popped up over a Lost Lagoon 2-3/8' Scallop Circle shape that's layered with a 1-3/4" Circle Punch of more All Is Calm DSP.
I first tried this "Post-It" note holder project a couple of years ago, courtesy of Carmen DeBruce, and it's definitely a favorite! It's a cute size, it's easy to make, it's portable, it's handy and it's surprisingly durable! It makes a fantastic gift!
My original project was a 3" x 5" version: Four Seasons Post-It Pad Holder. This time, I modified the holder to cover a 3" x 3" sticky note pad.
Sticky Pad Cover How-Tos
I used Office Depot 3" x 3" sticky notes in a pack of 12 and a Mini Gel Pen from a bulk pack of 12 from Staples. You can watch a helpful video by Dee Slater at Create With Dee to see how this project is assembled: 3" x 3" Post-It Pad Holder.
3" x 3" Sticky Notes Basic How-Tos
- Start with a piece of 7-3/8" x 3-1/4" piece of card stock. I used Lost Lagoon.
- Score along the 7-3/8" side at the 3-1/8", 3-1/2", 3-7/8" marks.
- Fold on the middle score line and make two snips from the fold to the score line. This will create the pen holder. You can make it as wide as you like. I made my snips about 3/4" apart in the center of the pad. TIP: Don't make the snips on the top part of that edge because the pen cap won't slip under the pen holder very easily…it's too tight. Pop the notch out and fold it into place.
- Read This Step Twice & Add Your Pen To The Notch Before You Do It because it's the trickiest part! Inserting your pen first will help you see which panels should be adhered together! Add Sticky Strip between the 3-1/2" and 3-7/8" score lines, skipping over the snipped out notch area. Peel the backing of the tape and stick this side TO THE ADJACENT BACK COVER (that's to the right of the 3-7/8" score line) of the holder NOT the other snipped panel!
- Add another piece of Sticky Strip to the back of the pad and adhere it to the inside of the cover.
Sticky Note Cover Décor—The cover is decorated very much like the Scratch Pad. I added a 2-7/8" square piece of All Is Calm DSP to the front, and added a 2-7/8" x 1/2" strip of Soft Sky across the center.
The monogrammed medallion is stamped with Lost Lagoon this time and punched with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch. It was layered on a Pear Pizzazz 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch and 1-3/4" Circle Punch of All Is Calm DSP.
I added a sweet 1/4" Whisper White Cotton Ribbon bow with a Glue Dot. So pretty & functional!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Lovely Letters Alphabet set (retired, substitute Metro Type Alphabet)
- Ink—Old Olive (project #1), Lost Lagoon (project #2) Classic Ink
- Paper—All Is Calm DSP; Pear Pizzazz (project #1), Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon (project #2), Whisper White (project #1) card stock
- Accessories—Lost Lagoon Silky Taffeta Ribbon (project #1), 1/4" Whisper White Cotton Ribbon (project #2), 3" x 5" scratch pad, 3" x 3" sticky note pad, mini gel pen, magnetic tape or magnets
- Tools—Simply Scored, Paper Snips, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!
Want to join us as we make these two stocking stuffer gifts next Wednesday? RSVP now for the local class or a Class-To-Go kit!
Thank you so much for ordering from Too Cool Stamping!
Register By November 19 For This December 6th Class
Create 12 cards (6 each of 2 designs) in this stamp-a-stack style class. Kit includes the Ornamental Pine stamp set, 5 yards of Real Red Woven Satin Ribbon, a jar of Dazzling Diamonds, 1 Stampin' Sponge, 1 sheet of Dimensionals, and all the supplies you need to make the 12 cards! Class-To-Go Kits are available. Be sure to order the 2-Way Glue Pen add-on for just $5 more for your glitter application and to help your clear mount stamps stick to your block better.
See Complete Details For The Ornamental Pine Class!
All Is Calm Monogrammed Gift Set Class
Wednesday, November 19, 6:30 pm
Create 3 matching monogrammed stocking stuffer gifts featuring the All Is Calm Designer Series Paepr. Give as a gift set, give them as separate gifts, or keep them for yourself!
We'll make a Box of 6 cards, a Sticky Notes Holder, and a magnetic Scratch Pad Holder.
See Complete Details For The All Is Calm Monogrammed Gift Set Class!
Register by November 18 at 5pm.