Stampin' Up! is celebrating Digital
Scrapbooking Days now thru November 8! You'll find Daily Deals, guest bloggers, challenges, videos and more excitement over at
Today's 50% Off Deal: All-Time Fave Photobook…only $9.98!
Today's Guest Blog: Digital Scrapbooking Days Day 3
Hi Stamping Friends!
I'm mixing it up for today's Sunday Showcase—I'll be featuring cards from the fantastic new Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit (#134797)! Have you seen it? I have to say that after spending a couple of hours putting together the 20 cards from the kit, I'm completely impressed! I wanted you to see just how awesome it is for not only new stampers, but for ANYONE who is crafty!
kit contains EVERYTHING needed (well, minus adhesive & scissors) to
create 20 beautiful, hand-made cards for almost any occasion!
Along with all the card stock, pre-printed die-cuts, button, twine, clips and envelopes (you'll see more on that later), you'll also get a clear mount Occasions stamp set, a clear block, two colors of ink, and Dimensionals! It's all in there!
The Whole Kit & Caboodle! Look at all the stuff you get from that little box! The best part is that it is only $29.95! What a value! That's less than $1.50 per card, plus you keep the stamp set and ink to use for future projects! Too Cool!
- Perfect For New Stampers! Since it includes all the components, it is absolutely awesome for anyone wanting to try stamping for the first time with very little investment.
- Perfect For Experienced Stampers! I had a blast creating these cards, and honestly, I typically don't like ready-to-assemble kits. There's a lot of mixing & matching possibilities with the embellishments, giving it a real hand-made feel!
- Perfect For Tweens & Teens! I know girls, and even boys, would love putting these together with family, friends or on their own! It's a fun and creative activity!
- Perfect For Group Activities! Try it with Girl Scouts, youth groups, church groups, retirement centers, cards-for-troops events, fundraisers, birthday parties…I could go on and on!
- Perfect As A Gift! It's a great price-point for holiday & birthday gifts for any crafting friend!
Card Tips & Tricks Guide—I was also impressed with the 14-page, full-color instruction guide that comes in the kit! Stampers will find photos of each completed card with tips and tricks on assembling them. So helpful!
Let's See The Everyday Occasions Cards!
You'll create four 3" x 3" mini notes, ten 3" x 5" note cards, and six 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" standard cards with the Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit. You could easily mix & match the pieces to create your own cards, but I followed the instruction guide for my samples. Let's take a look at each one!
Oooh! They included some Silver Glimmer Paper accents!
All the layered pieces are pre-printed and die-cut. Punch them out of the sheets and go!
Each card base has reversible (pattern/solid) printed card fronts! This one has Basic Gray stripes on one side, and the other side is solid Basic Gray. The insides are white, making them easy to write on immediately.
The greetings are designed to fit on most of the die-cut pieces, or use them on the inside of the card.
I love the cute arrow clips!
You get LOTS of Basic Gray Baker's Twine to spruce up every card!
The cards are designed to be very versatile, featuring masculine and feminine styles…
…able to be used for all ages…
…and covering many different occasions!
Many cards feature Pool Party buttons, like the ones from last year's Sale-A-Bration.
All of cards and embellishments are in fun, bright, easy-to-coordinate colors: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Crushed Curry, kraft (darker than Crumb Cake), Basic Gray, Gumball Green, and Calypso Coral.
The note card size is perfect for attaching to gifts or hand-delivering to family, friends and co-workers.
There are many mini heart accents…
…and larger hearts, too!
I love the printed tags with twine!
There are also Tea Lace Paper Doilies…
…and, trendy, die-cut feathers that are so popular right now!
Many of the cards have a pretty collage style.
Heavy-duty envelopes in white or kraft colors are included for every card! The kraft color matches the background on this card. It's almost like a Baked Brown Sugar color.
This one is one of my favorites!
And, when you're all done, you still have all these parts & pieces left over to use on more projects!
Here's my box of finished cards, all neat and organized and ready to send! Woot! I don't often comment on the packaging, but it really is a nice, sturdy box to store all your contents and finished cards!
Angie's Additional Tips & Comments
Dimensionals—I tend to use lots of these, so one sheet was not enough for me. I used about 1-1/2 sheets.
- Punching Out Embellishments—The pre-cut pieces come on sheets and you have to punch them out. As much as you may be tempted…don't punch them all out first. Trust me. Pieces will be much easier to find when you keep the sheet intact. Heh.
- Smearing Ink—The card stock and embellishments have a smooth finish, so inks take a tad longer to dry than our standard card stock.
- Quality Envelopes—The envelopes included are not the ones sold in the catalog. They are a little more textured feeling, but are still heavy, high quality envelopes in kraft and white colors.
- Get Creative—Add your own rhinestones, buttons, ribbon, designer series paper and different stamps to make the cards your own! Endless possibilities for the advanced stamper!
Bottom Line: This Is A Fantastic Value! I can't emphasize enough how much of an AMAZING VALUE this cardmaking kit is! I'm was truly impressed by the quality of the supplies and amount of stuff you get for a great price! I definitely gets my Too Cool Stamp of Approval!
Order Your Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit At My Online Store!
Thanks for stopping by the Sunday Showcase today! I appreciate you visiting and I hope you'll try out the awesome Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit!