Hi Stamping Friends!
Everytime a new catalog comes out, I like to share my Top 10 (or so) favorites! The 2013 Holiday Catalog has lots of fantastic seasonal items, so, as usual, coming up with my "Top 10" Too Cool Picks wasn't easy!
Many of my favorites are also featured in videos by Stampin' Up! and I've included links to those. Even if you don't have time now, be sure to stop back and check out all the videos when you have a chance—great tips for successful projects!
Here are my top picks in no particular order (click to enlarge photos)…
1. Season of Style This and That Journal & Season of Style Stickers—Start your holidays off right by getting organized! More
organization means less stress, and less stress means more fun! Keep
track of it all with the Season of Style This and That Journal. It includes
pre-printed pages that help you prepare for the holiday season, including a 4-month calendar and sections on organizing cards,
projects & décor, gifts & packaging, and entertaining. 60 pages with 30 coordinated spreads.
Add the stickers to personalize and highlight important information as you plan! There's even a new Naughty & Nice Rotary Stamp to keep track of dates in a fun, new way!
See the Season of Style This and That Journal in action!
2. Festive Flurry Stamps (wood) & Festive Flurry Framelits—I simply can't resist snowflake stamps, especially when they can be cut out so beautifully and easily with the coordinating framelits! I recommend getting the Festive Flurry Bundle (wood) to get both of them and save 15%!
Learn to make a beautiful Festive Flurry Snowflake Tag!
3. Winter Frost Designer Series Papers & Silver 1/8" Ribbon—Add a touch of silver shine to your wintery projects with these two gorgeous embellishments! The Winter Frost Specialty Papers feature crisp, cool, frosty colors and two designs have beautiful foil accents! They are stunning! Add a coordinating Silver Ribbon and you have ultimate winter elegance!
4. Build A Banner Kit & Christmas Banner Accessory Kit—Stampin' Up! makes holiday décor quick, easy and personalized with the new Build a Banner Kit! Truthfully, I've never been crazy about making banners, because it was a lot of work and most were made out of card stock, so they were easily damaged.
However, the Build A Banner Kit has canvas banners, so they'll hold up better and you'll be able to keep them year-after-year! You also get a complete alphabet of stencils, so you can customize the words to fit ANY occassion, not just the holidays! Too Cool! <<<I need to make my banner say that! You get 18 banners in the kit, but if you need more, you can get more in the Banner Simply Created Kit.
If you do want a holiday banner, the pretty snowflake designs of the Christmas Banner Kit are great! You could easily leave it up through January if you had non-Christmas words on it!
See how to customize & decorate your own Christmas Banner!
Merry Pop 'n Cuts Gift Card Holder project is from Shelli Gardner at SoShelli.com.
5. Expressions Thinlit Dies—Delicate and intricate die-cuts that really make a statement! They are super-thin, so it takes a bit of patience to remove the die-cut from the die, but it is worth it! Attach to cards, tags and holiday projects to add that special something!
See how fabulous they are in this Expressions Thinlits Video!
Inside Pocket Idea from Shelli Gardner at SoShelli.com.
6. Envelope Liners Framelits Dies—Dress up your greeting cards by creating a coordinating envelope lined with Designer Series Paper! Stampin' Up! makes it so easy with these new dies! You get three sizes of dies, so you can line the Mini Square Envelopes, Note Card Envelopes and standard Medium Envelopes.
I love the idea of using these for creating card gift sets for Christmas gifts! The liners add a touch of elegance that make your cards that much more special!
They are even more versatile because you can use them to create inside pockets and gift card holders like the example above.
Learn how to transform envelopes with the Envelope Liner Dies!
7. Christmas Collectibles Stamps (wood) & Christmas Ornament Punch—Another awesome pair of products that makes cardmaking easy! Use them to make quick gift tags, fun window cards, and easy scrapbook embellishments. Order them together in the Christmas Collectibles Bundle (wood) and save 15%!
8. Season of Style Paper Stack & Winter Frost Paper Stack—Yes, I already selected Winter Frost Designer Papers above, but these Stacks are different and you should know why! Stampin' Up! took two of the best double-sided designs from each of the original 12×12" Designer Series Paper packs, trimmed them down to a smaller 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" size, and put them in a stack with 24 pieces of each!
These smaller packs are great for making LOTS of smaller projects, like cards. It's absolutely perfect for doing a mass-production of holiday cards—no need to buy several large packs for just one style of paper! It's also great for using for coordinating mats and embellishments in scrapbooks.
9. Gift Bow Bigz Die & Pretty Presents Designer Bows—Paper Bows are super trendy this year and the Gift Bow die makes them super easy to create! All the pieces are cut and ready to assemble. Die-cut texture embossed card stock, designer papers, new Foil Sheets, and even fabric!
Or, get the pre-printed and pre-cut Pretty Presents Bows—ready-to-assemble!
See some fun bow project ideas from Shelli Gardner at SoShelli.com.
Check out this fun Paper Bow Video for more bow-making ideas!
10. Seasonal Stripes Album & Season of Style Designer Journaling Tags—Once the holidays are over, you'll want to preserve your memories in a keepsake album. The new Journaling Tags make it easy! The 8×8" Seasonal Stripes album comes with divided page protectors, so you can easily pop in photos, journaling tags and embellishments.
See how quick & easy it is to create a Season of Style Album!
I hope you've enjoyed a peek at my Holiday Catalog favorites on today's Sunday Showcase!
What are your favorites this Holiday Season? Leave me a comment at the bottom of my blog post.