My "Top 10" New Catalog Must-Haves!
The 2013-2014 Annual Catalog is here and, like many of you, my wishlist is ENORMOUS! There are so many exciting new items, it's hard to know where to start. I want it ALL—right now! Sound familiar?
Well, since I can't afford to own everything (and there's no way I could use it all at once anyway), I narrowed down my list to my "Top 10" must-haves.
Of course, you know I have to use those "quote marks" around "top 10" because I "sometimes" have to "sneak" in companion items, too. It's simply not an option to leave those awesome coordinating items out. Especially when so many of them can be purchased as a bundle at a 15% discount!
Here we go, in no particular order (click to enlarge the photos)…
1. Magnetic Platform—If you like die-cutting, then the new Magnetic Platform is going to make it a whole lot easier! It replaces the Multipurpose Platform and its magnetic properties will hold your Framelits and Edgelits securely in place while you run them through the Big Shot.
No more worrying about dies moving around. No more Post-It Notes needed to hold them in place. No more hoping that things didn't move after you place the cutting pad on top. It is my #1 must-have and will allow users to die-cut quickly, easily and with confidence!
Check out the video below to see how awesome it works (click here to see the video if you're reading by email):
See what I mean?! Super-awesome!
2. Flower Shop Stamps & Pansy Punch—I love this fun new flower shape and all the coordinating, patterned flower images that go with it! Make a bouquet in minutes! The images are fantastic for all sorts of techniques like watercoloring, embossing, and emboss resist. And, the size is perfect for both random backgrounds and featured embellishments! I predict that this one is an instant hit!
Bundle It To Save! Get the Flower Shop Bundle (stamp & punch) for 15% off!
3. Mosaic Madness Stamps & Mosaic Punch—OOOoohhh! Talk about a fun new shape! I've already been playing with this combination and it is completely addictive! Whether you use just one image, or stamp and punch a whole background worth, the pattern possibilities are endless! You've got to try this perfect pair!
Bundle It To Save! Get the Mosaic Madness Bundle (stamp & punch) for 15% off!
I couldn't NOT mention this one, too! The Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder adds even more to the fun! The textured pattern is the same size as the images and punch for a terrific trio of creative choices! Woohoo!
4. Simply Press Clay & Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Molds—Looking for that perfect little accent in just the right color? Now your can create exactly what you need! This soft, while, marshmallow-like clay can be dyed with Refill Inks to match any Stampin' Up! color. Use the coordinating silcone molds to create little rosettes or buttons with your dyed clay. Your creations dry overnight to a firm, yet flexible accent.
Feeling artistic? Model your own embellishments free-hand. Or, try rolling out the clay, stamping on it and die-cutting it into a shape. We're gonna have fun experimenting with this awesome new medium!
Jackie Topa has an AWESOME Simply Pressed Clay video with tons of tips and ideas on ways to use this cool new product! Check it out! Fun, fun, fun!
5. Candy Dots & Candy Dots Brad Bases—Sweet new accents! We now have self-adhesive color dots available in all the classic Color Collections! Use them alone or, dress them up by adding them to silver brad bases. They are like mini Builder Brads! Too Cool! I'll take one in every color, please!
6. In Color Boutique Details & Ruffle Stretch Trim—I adore the five new In Colors, so it's no surprise that I was delighted to discover the pretty embellishments that coordinated with these colors! The Boutique Details remind me of those wedding mints—sweet enough to eat! And, the ribbon is so detailed and feminine…ruffled on one edge, straight on the other with a little bit of stretch for easy tying. Prettiness!
7. Modern Medley Designer Series Paper—I like a lot of the new Designer Series Papers, but this package is my first-pick! Black and Very Vanilla are a classic combo and I can see so many elegant projects with the beautiful patterns from this collection.
8. Positively Chevron Stamp & 3/4" Chevron Ribbon—Stampin' Up! has added some fantastic items with the trendy chevron pattern. The background stamp will be perfect for card fronts or for patterns on die-cut or punched shapes. And, the ribbon…LOVE IT! The 3/4" width is not too small, and not too wide. Plus, it's available in 12 colors! Woot!
9. ABC-123 Outline Alphabet & Numbers & ABC-123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers—Finally! It's the perfect size of letters AND numbers for cardmaking! These easy-to-read letters are approximately 1/2" and are small enough, and skinny enough, to personalize cards, gift tags and other small papercrafting projects! Choose either version to use on its own, or combine them for a two-step stamping look. I love that both the alphabet and numbers are included in one, inexpensive set!
10. Label Love Stamps & Artisan Label Punch—Another soon-to-be classic punch shape! A nice size for layering with other punches, too! Not to mention, a great go-to greetings set for cute & quick cards! Simply stamp, punch, and pop it up on a patterned or textured background—perfection!
Wow! I'm done already?! I still have so many honorable mentions! And, I barely made a dent in my wishlist! LOL!
What are your Top 10 favorites from the new 2013-2014 Annual Catalog? I'd love to hear which products you're excited about getting! Please leave a comment below (click here to comment on my original post).
Thanks for stopping by today's Sunday Showcase! I'm off to use some of my new goodies! Oh yeah!