Let's take a closer look at one of the cards I'll be featuring at my "Last Thursdays" card class, rescheduled for Wednesday, April 3. You can still RSVP until 5pm tonight, Tuesday, April 2, or find out how to get a Class-To-Go. See complete details.
CASEd from Mary Brown at Stamper Camper's Corner.
I am loving the soft and pretty look of this beautiful "thinking of you" style card. It features the gorgeous Swallowtail butterfly as the subtle background. It's a nice change from using this huge butterfly as a bold focal point every time.
I inked the Swallowtail in Crumb Cake and stamped off onto scrap paper once before stamping onto the Very Vanilla card front.
The opening edge of the card is lined with a 1" x 5-1/2" strip from the Tea For Two Designer Series Paper.
The Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon is adhered onto the front with Sticky Strip tape. TIP: Place the Sticky Strip on the card first, then add the ribbon and trim the ends.
My favorite parts of the card are the Flower Trim rosettes, dabbed into the Primrose Petals ink pad, then layered on top of some Old Olive leaves punched with the Bird Builder Punch. I love how the flowers mimic the roses in the designer paper. TIPS: I adhered the leaves with the 2-Way Glue Pen and the flowers with the Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
The Feel Goods sentiment was colored on the rubber with Old Olive and Primrose Petals Markers before stamping. The style of the font really coordinates with the shabby chic look!
The design looks just as lovely as a horizontal card, too. Quick and pretty—I think my class is going to love this one!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Swallowtail, Feel Goods
- Ink—Old Olive and Primrose Petals Markers; Crumb Cake and Primrose Petals Classic Ink
For Two DSP; Old Olive and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon, Flower Trim
- Tools—Bird Builder Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen, Multipurpose
Glue, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals,
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Cards Class—Rescheduled to April 3
- Too Cool Demo Team Meeting—April 8
- Wow Techniques Class—April 12
- Sale-A-Bration Celebration FREE Stamp Camp—April 20, 1-3pm
Limited-Time-Only Promotion Quick Links
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Subscribe to this monthly kit by April 10.
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- This & That Products—Sneak peak discounted bundle thru April 30.
- A Round Array Bundle—New catalog sneak peek thru May 30.
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player. Ends May 31.
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store. Ends May 31
NEW Product Quick Links