Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- Browse The 2015 Catalog—See the latest products!
- August Stamp-of-the-Month Kit—Featuring Build A Birthday set. Register by August 7.
- Stamper Sampler Class—August 13. Sympathy Card Stamp-a-Stack.
- Upcoming Class Dates Announced—New schedule, plus Countdown To Christmas dates.
- Super Stamping Saturday—Postponed. Will be rescheduled in August.
- 50% Off First 2 Months of Paper Pumpkin—Subscribe at PaperPumpkin.com using code: HALFOFF
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today, I'm sharing one of the projects from my Stamper Sampler Sympathy Card Stamp-a-Stack Class that is coming up next week! But first, a quick announcement!
Stampin' Up! has announced that they've added more items to the Clearance Rack today! Check out all kinds of retired items at 30-60% off!
* * * * *
Sparkly Summer Silhouettes Sympathy Cards
Sympathy cards don't need to be dark & dreary, and these cards are anything but! In fact, if you attend my class, I'll have alternate sentiments that you can use to make these cards fit for other occasions, too! I actually CASEd a card design that I posted a couple years ago. You can see the original cards here: Summer Silhouettes Sparkle.
We'll be creating these three cards as part of the Sympathy Card Stamp-a-Stack on August 13!
Collage Background Basics—I layered the images from the Summer Silhouettes stamp set for a beautiful, "one-layer" card! Well, I do have a couple layers on the card, but none of it pops up, so that's as close to one-layer as I get!
My Very Vanilla collage background measures 3-3/4" x 5". After stamping, I layered that on a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Island Indigo and mounted it on a Soft Suede card base.
Layered Stamping Order—Here is the order that I added images to help you with positioning:
- Start with the You've Got This sentiment, stamped in Soft Suede. If you don't stamp this first, you run the risk of not having enough room for it later on.
- Add 3 Summer Silhouettes flower stems, in Soft Suede ink, coming in from the sides and bottom.
- Stamp the tops of the flowers with Bermuda Bay ink, then stamp immediately above it without re-inking to create a fuller flower.
- Stamp the Summer Silhouettes leaves in Old Olive. I stamped them 3 times, once near each of the stems.
- Stamp 3 Island Indigo Summer Silhouettes flowers in the open spaces. It's easy to go overboard with this step—trust me! Stick to 3-5 at the most!
- Fill in the blanks spots with the tiny Summer Silhouettes bloom in Bermuda Bay. Another step where less is more. Stick with between 3-7 flowers, always in odds.
Sparkly Flower—These flowers look like dandelions to me! As you can see in my close-up, I didn't get the petals on the stem exactly right, but you can easily add some dots to fill the gap by stamping with part of the image to fill in the gap.
To make them sparkly, I dotted on all of the larger dots with the 2-Way Glue Pen, then sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds! THIS glitter…Absolutely.Makes.This.Card.
Fine-Tip Glue Pen Coming Soon! Sshhh! It's a secret! But, I happen to know that the Holiday Catalog has a new Fine-Tip Glue Pen that will be perfect for adding glitter in tight spots on projects just like this one! The catalog will be released on September 1!
Two Cool—For the second version, I used a different You've Got This sentiment at the bottom of the card and built up the layers around that.
I had a lot more room for the tiny flowers on this one!
Three Cool—My third version uses the same layout in horizontal form. So sweet!
The only thing that's missing on this card is the obligatory butterfly! What do you think? Should I add one?
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—You've Got This (clear, wood), Summer Silhouettes (clear, wood)
- Ink—Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Old Olive & Soft Suede Classic Ink
- Paper—Island Indigo, Sofl Suede & Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
* * * * *
I Want To Hear From You! Do I need to add a butterfly? If so, which one…Bitty Butterfly? Elegant Butterfly? Bold Butterfly Framelits? Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
Tuesday, August 18, 2015, at 6:30pm. The Perfect Class-To-Go!
Class includes stamp set, washi tape, designer paper, pre-cut supplies & embellishments to create 6 Build A Birthday cards (2 each of three designs).
Thursday, August 13, 2015, at 6:30pm. Class-To-Go Kits Available!
Create a stack of 12 sympathy cards, 3 each of 4 different styles!