Last Day To Register—May Just Sayin' Class-To-Go Kit
- Just Sayin' Kit Only—Features Just Sayin' stamp set, 1/4 now 1/2 package of Kaleidoscope DSP (6×6" now 6×12" sheets), a full spool of 1/8" Bermuda Bay Ribbon and a full package of Rhinestone Jewels to use on projects. Includes all supplies to create two three cards with envelopes, plus a gift card holder. Cost $42.00 clear, $50.00 wood
- Just Sayin' Bundle Option—Features all of the above, plus the matching Word Bubbles Framelits. Cost $60.00 clear, $68.00 wood
Pre-Paid Sign-Up By: May 15, 2014
Complete Class Details—See Yesterday's Post for complete details, shipping fees and links to all of the projects included in the kit.
Hi Stamping Friends!
My Too Cool Demo Team got together on Monday for a masculine card shoebox swap! I love stamping with my team! Everyone brought amazing projects and we always have a fantastic time! You can join in the fun next time by simply purchasing a $99 fully-customizable Starter Kit! See all the benefits of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator at my Join My Team page.
Today's project is the card that I brought to our shoebox swap. I didn't have any masculine stamp set from the new catalog yet, but I was able to sneak in a few other new items. Take a look!
The Open Sea nautical stamp set is perfect for masculine cards and I knew it would look amazing combined with the new Lost Lagoon In Color.
Wooden Background—I started by stamping the Hardwood background stamp in Baked Brown Sugar onto the Lost Lagoon card front. TIP: For large background stamps like this, I like to lay the stamp on the table, ink it up, then lay the card stock on top and burnish it with my fingertips.
Next, I added a piece of 4-1/4" x 2-1/2" Baked Brown Sugar card stock, embossed with the Woodgrain Folder. I like the combination of the two wood grains together.
Port Hole Ship—I wanted the focal point to be reminiscent of looking out of a port hole. I stamped The Open Sea ship image in Early Espresso onto Very Vanilla card stock. I colored in the ship the new Mossy Meadow and Hello Honey In Colors and a Blender Pen.
Calm Waters—I sponged on the Lost Lagoon ink lightly across the bottom to create the sea. The sponge doesn't show any coloring strokes, so the waters look calm.
I used the Circle Collection Framelits to die-cut the ship and add an Early Espresso circle mat behind it.
NEW Something To Say—The sentiment, stamped in Early Espresso, is from the new Something To Say stamp set from upcoming Annual Catalog. This is a must-have! If you like the two-part greetings of Petite Pairs, then you'll love this one, too, because it also has phrases that can work alone or in combination with each other. I chose this sentiment for Father's Day, and the inside of the card has the coordinating phrase that says, "thank you."
I punched out the sentiment with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch, then used the 1-3/8" Circle Punch to create the Early Espresso mat behind it.
Sea Glass jewels—Check out those colored Rhinestone Jewels! No, we don't have colored jewels in the new catalog, but we will have Blendabilities Markers, which are alcohol-based and can be used to permanently color anything non-porous. That means you can have jewels in all the marker colors! Woohoo!
The jewel colors are forgiving, so you don't have to have an exact match to coordinate with your project. Here, I used the darkest color from the Coastal Cabana Blendability Marker Set. Doesn't it remind you of sea glass on this card?! TIP: Color the jewel on the sheet it comes on first, then transfer it to your project.
Blendabilities Markers Update—It appears that Stampin' Up! is having some manufacturing difficulties on this product, so they will not be available when the catalog is first released on June 2. They have not given us a date on when they expect the markers to be available, but I will keep you updated on this blog.
Button Details—The Basic Metal Buttons in the current Spring Occasions Catalog have made the new catalog—woot! I used the largest one here and tied some of the brand new Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker's Twine through it. I untwisted the ends to make them purposely frayed. I love this little "nautical rope" detail!
For the horizontal version, I changed the positioning of some of the elements, and used a different Something To Say sentiment pair.
The inside of this card says "love you always." Notice that the sea glass jewels are colored in the darkest color from the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities set. I thought the yellow would look better against the blue background, and bring out the color of the mast.
Stormy Seas—If you look closely, you can see that I colored the sea with a Blender Marker here instead of sponging and it left some stroke marks, making the sea appear rough.
Complete Supplies List (in the new catalog):
- Stamps—The Open Sea (wood), Hardwood (wood), new Something To Say (wood)
- Ink—Coastal Cabana & Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Markers; Baked Brown Sugar, Early Espresso, Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow Classic Ink
- Paper—Lost Lagoon, Baked Brown Sugar, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker's Twine, Basic Metal Buttons, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Circle Collection Framelits, Woodgrain Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
**These products will be available on June 2, 2014 with the release of the new catalog (Blendabilities release still undetermined).
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Contact me by May 15, 2014 if you'd like to purchase the Just Sayin' Class-To-Go Kit!
Don't Miss These!
- Spring Occasions Catalog PDF—Or, Browse Online.
- NEW Project Life Product Line—Sneak peek products available!
- Pre-Paid Paper Pumpkin Subscriptions—Now available for easy ordering!
- Clearance Rack Blitz—While supplies last!
- NEW Arrivals—See the latest product releases!
- Weekly Deals—New specials start every Tuesday!