►►►Current SAB Hostess Code is YBBQBBGQ◄◄◄
Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Sign Up For The Next Group!
- CLASS: Sale-A-Bration Celebration—Earn your invitation now for April 19 event!
- CLASS: TC Stamper Sampler Class—Learn Trendy techniques! February 18.
- CLASS: Stamp-of-the-Month—Featuring Painted Petals. March 12. Register by February 25.
- Occasions Catalog PDF—New stamps, tools & accessories for the New Year!
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—Learn how to earn FREE goodies thru March 31!
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
All this week I'm featuring Valentine's from my Too Cool Team shoebox swap! Today's card is from Darla Eigenschink!
But first…it's Tuesday, which means it's time for some new Weekly Deals! Check out the selected items that are being offered at a discount for this week only, thru February 2, 2015.
* * * * *
Background Basics—Darla started with a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Real Red card stock. The top of that layer is embossed with the Happy Heart Texture Impressions Folder, leaving room for stamping the sentiment at the bottom.
TIP: For a partially embossed piece, add the card stock into the folder like you normally would. Then, postion the folder between the cutting pads so that the top pad is only covering the area of the card stock you want embossed. No cutting pad will be on top of the lower portion of the sheet. No pressure, no embossing.
Hearts Shaker—The shaker is so much fun and easier to create than you might think.
Here's how it works:
- Cut a 2-7/8" square of Basic Black card stock.
- Die-cut a 2" square window from the center with the Squares Collection Framelits.
- Add a 2-1/4" square Window Sheet to the back of the window. Adhere all the way around with Washi Tape. TIP: Use retired washi tape or some you don't like much.
- Add a line of Dimensionals all the way around the inside of the window, leaving no spaces in between (you don't want the confetti to fall out). TIP: Use the edges of my Dimensionals.
- Emboss a 2-5/8" square of Whisper White with the Happy Hearts Folder.
- Make some Real Red, Calypso Coral and Gold Foil confetti with the Confetti Hearts Border Punch.
- Lay the confetti on top of the embossed layer in the center. TIP: Flip over the Gold Foil hearts so the good sides are showing.
- Peel off the backing on the Dimensionals and adhere the window over the top of the white embossed layer trapping the confetti inside.
Sweet Sentiment—Darla stamped a Valentine's greeting from the You Plus Me stamp set in Memento Black Ink at the bottom of the Real Red embossed layer.
Finishing Touches—She wrapped two patterns of Stacked With Love Washi Tape around the Real Red layer before adhering the shaker element to it. It's mounted on a Whisper White card base.
She also adhered a single Gold Foil heart from the Confetti Hearts Punch with a rolled up Glue Dot to give it the appearance of being popped up. So much fun!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—You Plus Me (wood)
- Ink—Memento Black Ink
- Paper—Gold Foil; Window Sheets; Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Stacked With Love Washi Tape
- Tools—Square Collection Framelits, Happy Hearts Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Confetti Hearts Border Punch, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
I just love this easy-to-make shaker card, Darla! Thanks so much for sharing!
Be sure to join us all week long with more fun & easy Valentine's projects!
3 Ways To Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Goodies!
Check out all of the exclusive Sale-A-Bration items you can earn for FREE this year! Browse the Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF.
I'll be hosting a very special event after Sale-A-Bration where I spoil you! It's a Sale-A-Bration Celebration! We'll have make & takes, gifts, prizes, specials, refreshments and more! Mark your calendars for Sunday, April 19!
It's FREE—Earn Your Invitation!
Simply participate in the Sale-A-Bration promotion by spending a total of $150, hosting a $150 workshop, or purchasing a Starter Kit before March 31, 2015. See complete details, including online To-Go options!
Stampin' Quick Links