Hi Too Cool Stamping Readers!
Thanks so much for your patience and understanding during my absence! My dad is still struggling with several on-going health issues, so my family and I appreciate your continued thoughts and prayers for him.
Now, I'm back home and I'm trying to get back into the stamping groove! Let's get to it!
* * * * *
First things first…I want to welcome all of the new readers and subscribers who have visited Too Cool Stamping after seeing my new Faux Patina Tutorial on SplitcoastStampers.com. The response has been overwhelming!
It was so awesome to come home and find such lovely comments posted on the tutorial! Thanks for being so supportive and taking the time to share your thoughts! I'm really looking forward to putting together more video tutorials for you very soon!
Since I wasn't able to post my Two Cool cards from that tutorial on the day of its debut, I thought I should take a moment to at least give you a close-up of the projects. (Plus, I wanted to have the full tutorial info posted here on my blog, so forgive me for repeating the information!)
You can click to enlarge the photos to see the incredible details of this amazing technique, and of course, you can find the step-by-step pictorial and video tutorial for the Faux Patina Technique at Splitcoast Stampers.
Or, check out the YouTube video link below:
The Baja Breeze strip on the card front is wheeled with the Very Vintage Stampin' Around Wheel in Early Espresso, then highlighted with some retired Early Espresso Quilted Satin Ribbon.
The sentiments are from Field Flowers and Word Play and are stamped in Not Quite Navy, then punched with the Decorative Label Punch.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Field Flowers (card #1), Word Play (card #2), Very Vintage Wheel
- Ink—VersaMark; Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy Classic Ink
- Paper—Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Always Artichoke, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Gold Embossing Powder, Early Espresso Quilted Satin Ribbon (retired)
- Tools—Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Decorative Label Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch, Sponges, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Order all the supplies you need to make this project and more at my Online Store!
Faux Patina Color Swatch Recipes
At the end of my Faux Patina Tutorial Video, I showed several alternative color combinations that you could try to modify the look of your patina. I've received lots of requests for the "recipes" for making those colors. The swatches I used were posted on my original faux patina blog post from last year, but here they are again for a quick reference!
Color Swatches listed left to right…
- Swatch #1: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
- Swatch #2: Crumb Cake, Pretty In Pink, Bravo Burgundy, Early Espresso
- Swatch #3: Crumb Cake, Rose Red, Rich Razzleberry, Elegant Eggplant
- Swatch #4: Crumb Cake, Pretty In Pink, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Gray
- Swatch #5: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Basic Grey
- Swatch #6: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso
- Swatch #7: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Basic Grey
- Swatch #8: Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Concord Crush, Basic Grey
Have fun experimenting with your own color combinations!
Reminders & Whatnot
Retired Stamp List—Be sure to check out the HUGE list of retiring stamps and get the ones from your wishlist before they are gone on May 31. View the Retired Stamp List PDF or browse the retired stamps at my Online Store.
Retired Accessories List—Check back on April 25 for the unveiling of the Retired Accessories List! You'll see which papers, ribbons, wheels, tools and other accessories didn't make it into the upcoming catalog, and you'll have one last chance to purchase them. Don't wait! These items will be available while supplies last only and they sell out quickly!
April "Last Thursdays" Card Class—This Thursday, April 26, at 6:30pm. Spaces still available. Please RSVP by Wednesday at 5pm to attend. Four cards with envelopes for $10 supply fee or FREE with your $20 order placed that night. Contact me to register.
Designer Cuts Extreme Makeover Class—Rescheduled for this Saturday, April 28, at 1pm. No more spaces available.