- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Holiday Catalog—All-new seasonal stamps, papers & accents!
- NEW Holiday Catalog Paper Sampler—Try it before you buy it!
- Countdown To Christmas Series—October features Embellished Ornaments.
- September Stamper Sampler—Timeless Elegance Card Set. RSVP by Sept. 9.
- 50% Off First 2 Months of Paper Pumpkin—Subscribe at PaperPumpkin.com using code: HALFOFF
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today, I'm sharing a recent swap card I created using a card idea I found on last month's Grand Vacation Achiever's Blog Hop by Linda Higgins. It's a little different than my traditional style, but I love the colors, collaged elements & shiny accents! I've sure been enjoying that Gold Foil & Silver Foil lately! It's good stuff!
The projects use the pretty Lighthearted Leaves stamp set, which is quickly becoming a favorite of mine for fall! There are so many fun techniques you can do with it, including yesterday's wash resist.
Background Basics—I started with a Crumb Cake card base that was 4-1/4" x 11" and folded vertically. I added a 4-1/4" x 3/4" strip of diagonal striped paper from the Typeset Designer Series Paper pack, then wrapped some Venetian Crochet Trim around the entire card front.
Golden Circle Accent—I used the Circle Collections Framelits to cut a circle from Gold Foil, then embossed it with the new Woodland Texture Impressions Folder. That's a "wow" in itself, don't you think? So pretty!
White Painted Wow—The design really takes on an awesome look when some white accents are added! You could use a White Gel Pen to color in the design, but I actually used a Blender Pen and a White Craft Ink Pad. I squeezed the pad before opening to get the color on the lid, then picked it up with the Blender Pen and painted on the color. It does take a little bit of time, and some reading glasses if you're my age, but the effects are fabulous!
It's popped up with Dimensionals, of course!
Finishing Touch 1—That Metal-Rimmed Pearl is the just the right size for the maple leaf center. Perfect!
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped the card with a greeting from Lighthearted Leaves in Blackberry Bliss ink.
Finishing Touch 2—I also tied a small piece of Gold Baker's Twine around the knot of the crochet trim to add another bit of gold.
Two Cool—My second version is almost an exact copy of Linda's card. This time, I used Sahara Sand for the card base, along with silver accents and "cooler" colors.
Changes—I used Silver Foil for the embossed background to start. The leaf is stamped in Elegant Eggplant ink onto Perfect Plum card stock. This time it's topped with an Iced Rhinestone—also the perfect size for that spot!
Finishing Touches—I used the Sahara Sand Lace Trim this time, adhered with SNAIL and trimmed on the edges. I wrapped Silver Baker's Twine all the way around this time and tied into a double-knot.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear mount" is a rubber stamp to be used on a clear acrylic block, "Photopolymer" is the see-thru style of stamps, also used with acrylic blocks.
- Stamps—Lighthearted Leaves (photopolymer)
- Ink—White Craft Ink; Blackberry Bliss (card #1), Elegant Eggplant (card #2) Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Typeset DSP; Gold Foil (card #1) & Silver Foil (card #2); Crumb Carke & Rich Razzleberry (card #1) & Sahara Sand & Perfect Plum (card #2) card stock
- Accessories—Venetian Crochet Trim, Gold Baker's Twine & Metal-Rimmed Pearls (card #1); Sahara Sand Lace Trim, Silver Baker's Twine & Iced Rhinestones (card #2)
- Tools—Woodland Texture Impressions Folder, Circle Collections Framelets, Leaflets Framelits, Big Shot, Blender Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
* * * * *
I'd Love To Hear From You! Which color combination do you like best, the gold with the warmer colors or silver with the cooler colors? Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
- Thursday, September 10, 6:30pm.
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
- Hurry! Limited Spots For This Class!
Create 6 cards & a matching storage case with the gorgeous Timeless Elegance Designer Series Papers! Perfect to keep or give as a gift!
Contact Me To RSVP by TODAY! ONLY 1 KIT LEFT!
Try Everything Before You Buy It! Budget-Friendly Price!
You want everything, but you can't afford to buy it all! That's where Holiday Paper Sampler comes in! Order my 6×6" sample-size bundles of papers!