- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Holiday Catalog—All-new seasonal stamps, papers & accents!
- NEW Holiday Catalog Paper & Accent Samplers—Try it before you buy it!
- Countdown To Christmas Series—October features Embellished Ornaments.
- September Stamp-of-the-Month—Vintage Leaves. Register by September 8.
- September Stamper Sampler—Timeless Elegance Card Set. RSVP by Sept. 9.
- 50% Off First 2 Months of Paper Pumpkin—Subscribe at PaperPumpkin.com using code: HALFOFF
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
Order With Hostess Code: ASXUPSUJ—Now thru September 9, get $10 off the Timeless Elegance Card Set Class when you order with this Hostess Code at my online store. While supplies last.
- LAST DAY to register for my Vintage Leaves Stamp-of-the-Month class!
- ONLY 3 KITS LEFT for my Timeless Elegance Class on Thursday. RSVP soon! Get a $10 class discount by ordering with the Hostess Code ASXUPSUJ.
- ONLY 3 SPOTS LEFT for my Holiday Paper Sampler Share! We'll order as soon as we fill all the slots!
- ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT to receive your first 2 months of Paper Pumpkin monthly kits for 1/2 price! Subscribe today!
Today is Tuesday, which means it's time for new Weekly Deals! Last week it was Rhinestones, and this week it's Pearls! Be sure to stock up on them—they are only $3.75! There are also discounts on Silver Glimmer Paper, the Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Silver Satin Ribbon and more! Sale prices good thru Monday, September 14, 2015.
I designed today's projects for a recent Holiday Catalog swap and I love, love, LOVE both the colors and textures! It makes me want to clap my hands together really fast and jump up & down! Do you ever have cards that make you feel that way?! OK…just me then?
Background Basics—I embossed a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Blackberry Bliss card stock with the Boho Chic embossing folder, then mounted it on a Blackberry Bliss card base.
More Background Patterns—I added a 4" x 2" piece of a matching Blackberry Bliss pattern from the Farmer's Market Designer Series Paper across the bottom to break up the background texture. Then, I stamped Bohemian Border image in Delightful Dijon ink onto a 4" x 1/2" strip of Delightful Dijon and added it to the top of the DSP. I like how the contrasting strip helps to highlight the leaf focal point.
- Stamp the Lighthearted Leaves image in VersaMark Ink onto Whisper White card stock.
- Sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder and heat emboss until smooth.
- Using an Aqua Painter and the ink squeezed onto the lid of an ink pad, paint on Delightful Dijon ink onto the top of the leaf in a diagonal motion.
- Next, add a wash of Cajun Craze ink in the center of the leaf.
- Finally, add a wash of Rich Razzleberry ink at the bottom of the leaf and the stem.
After the leaf was dry, I die-cut it with the coordinating Leaflets Framelits! I love how these beautiful leaf dies match BOTH the Lighthearted Leaves and the Vintage Leaves stamp sets! Double-duty!
Golden Leaf Accent—I die-cut a second leaf layer with the Gold Foil and adhered the painted leaf on top of it a little bit off-set so that the gold is peeking out the edges. It's popped up with Dimensionals.
Golden Sentiment—I used my new (and quite awesome!) Precision Cutting Plate to die-cut the Gold Foil "hello" from the Greetings Thinlits. It really does work like a charm to die-cut the paper completely and enable it to be released from the die easily. No need to use wax paper or dryer sheets!
Precision Cutting TIP: The Precision Cutting Plate is designed to be used with the Multipurpose Platform and not the Magnetic Plate. Even though it will typically cut everything in one pass, I always run intricate thinlits through the Big Shot twice for good measure.
I adhered the greeting with the new Fine-Tip Glue Pen. It's perfect for precise adhering just like this!
Finishing Touches—No matter how I photographed this card, I couldn't get the 3 Gold Sequins that I adhered around the leaf to show up correctly. There is the one you see here at the bottom left, and 2 more at the top right of the leaf. They are adhered with Glue Dots.
Two Cool—On my horizontal version, I changed the positioning of the elements just a bit, but everything else is the same.
You can kind of see the Gold Sequins on this photo…a little…
Complete Supplies List—"Clear mount" is a rubber stamp to be used on a clear acrylic block, "Photopolymer" is the see-thru style of stamps, also used with acrylic blocks.
- Stamps—Lighthearted Leaves (photopolymer), Bohemian Borders (photopolymer)
- Ink—VersaMark; Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon & Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Gold Foil; Farmer's Market DSP; Blackberry Bliss, Delightful Dijon & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Clear Embossing Powder, Gold Sequins Trim
- Tools—Boho Chic Texture Impressions Folder, Leaflets Framelits, Greetings Thinlits, Big Shot, Precision Plate, Aqua Painter, Heat Tool, Glue Dots, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
* * * * *
I'd Love To Hear From You! Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
- Local Class: Tuesday, September 22, 6:30pm.
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
Kit includes Vintage Leaves stamp set, Gold Metal Buttons & all the pre-cut supplies and instructions needed to create 6 beautiful autumn cards!
Contact Me To Register Up by Tuesday, September 8.
- Thursday, September 10, 6:30pm.
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
- Hurry! Limited Spots For This Class!
Create 6 cards & a matching storage case with the gorgeous Timeless Elegance Designer Series Papers! Perfect to keep or give as a gift!
Contact Me To RSVP by Wednesday, September 9, or while supplies last!
Try Everything Before You Buy It! Budget-Friendly Price!
You want everything, but you can't afford to buy it all! That's where Holiday Samplers come in! Order my sample-size bundles of papers, accents or both!