Hi Stamping Friends!
It's a very good time to be a Too Cool Stamper! I've got so many opportunites for us to be creative together! Fun, fun times!
Today, I'm getting ready for my August Wow Techniques Class that happens tomorrow.
This is your LAST CALL (deadline is today at 5pm) for signing up for the class or the Class-To-Go Kit for the class. See more class details: August Wow Techniques Class.
I'm already getting a great response to my exciting NEW Countdown To Christmas Holiday Card Class Series. If you have a goal to get your holiday cards done on time this year, this is the class for you! We'll do our holiday cards together, a little at a time, every month!
If you can't join us, I have a Class-To-Go Kit option, too!
See all the details: Countdown To Christmas Series.
The final card for my Wow Techniques Class is this fun Window Frame Lattice card! New this month, my class attendees could select which of my two cool versions they would like to create for each card design we're doing. I am kinda surprised that the butterfly version is by far the most popular version. Is it just because we're not ready for snow yet?!
Let me mention right off the bat how much I LOVE how the Lattice die-cut fits so perfectly inside the Window Frame Framelit window (that's nearly a palindrome!).
My autumn version uses the new Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper. I selected a double-sided paper that had great coordination and contrast.
Creating The Window Frame Lattice
- I started with a 4-1/4" x 4" piece of DSP. Temporarily tack it onto the front of your 4-1/4" x 11 Whisper White, vertically folded card base.
- Using the Window Frame Framelits, die-cut through both the DSP and card front layers at the same time to create the window. Save the DSP die-cut.
- Adhere the DSP Window Frame die-cut with SNAIL to the inside of the card by positioning it through the window.
- Die-cut the lattice shape using the Lattice Bigz Die.
- Add SNAIL adhesive all over the back of the DSP, then attach the lattice die-cut to it.
- Add a little more SNAIL over the lattice corners, then adhere the entire piece aligned with the window on the card front.
I added a butterfly from the Best of Butterflies Collector stamp set, inked in Tangerine Tango and topped with Pearl Jewels. It really dresses up the lattice to add a few more Pearls at the intersections of the circles.
The card is wrapped with Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon and finished with an Apothecary Art sentiment inked in Early Espresso.
Version two is my personal favorite because I love the color combination and silver accents! I used the new Winter Frost Designer Series Paper Stack to set the color scheme.
The Coastal Cabanna snowflake is created with the Festive Flurry stamp set and Festive Flurry Framelits. Don't you just love these new snowflake-shaped framelits?! So much easier than cutting! And the die-cut snowflakes really stand out! Too Cool!
I discovered that one of the flowers from the Boho Blossoms Punch fits perfectly inside the center of the snowflake! So I punched out a flower from Silver Glimmer Paper and added it, along with a Large Rhinestone Jewels. TIP: I used Multipurpose Glue to adhere the Rhinestone onto the Glimmer Paper…the glue dot alone doesn't stick well to the glittery surface. Smaller Rhinestones adorn the lattice.
I needed a long, skinny sentiment and found the "warm wishes" one in the Snow Day snowman stamp set. How fitting!
This photo doesn't do justice to the awesomeness that is the Silver 1/8" Ribbon! It is SO shiny and lovely! Rather than wrap it around my card front, I laid down a thin bead of Multipurpose Glue and adhered the ribbon on top, trimming the ends. The bow is added separately with a Glue Dot.
Complete Supply List (card #1):
- Stamps—Best of Butterflies, Apothecary Art (wood)
- Ink—Tangerine Tango and Early Espresso Classic Ink
- Paper—Sweater Weather DSP; Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Window Frame Framelits, Lattice Bigz Die, Big Shot, Glue Dots, SNAIL
Complete Supply List (card #2):
- Stamps—Festive Flurry (wood) OR Festive Flurry Bundle (wood), Snow Day (wood)
- Ink—Coastal Cabanna Classic Ink
- Paper—Winter Frost DSP Stack;
Silver Glimmer Paper; Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Silver 1/8" Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels, Large Rhinestones
- Tools—Festive Flurry Framelits OR Festive Flurry Bundle (wood), Window Frame Framelits, Lattice Bigz Die, Big Shot, Boho Blossoms Punch, Multipurpose Glue, Glue Dots, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
RSVP before 5pm for my Wow Techniques Class or Class-To-Go Kit!