Too Cool Happenings!
- NEW Too Cool Stamp Club—Signups Open Now!
- TC Stamper Sampler Class—Modern Medley Set July 23
- Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Paper – Thru July 31
- Blendabilities Markers Now Available!
- Browse the NEW Annual Catalog Online PDF
- Schedule A "BIG" Card Party To Earn Hostess Rewards!
My NEW Too Cool Stamp Club is more versatile than every before, making it perfect for enthusiastic stampers from my local Fort Wayne area, as well as online! More choices! Lower order minimum! More Hostess Benefits!
Sign Up Today! Signups for the first Stamp Club group are now open. If we get 10 people to participate by July 22, we'll start the Club this month! Contact me today to join!
Join With A Friend Bonus! Sign up today along with a friend and you'll each be able to select a FREE $5.95 item of your choice on your first Club order!
I wanted to feature the new World of Dreams set, because these images are perfect for sympathy cards. This time, I experimented with the Painter's Tape Technique for a pretty tri-color background. Ooooh! I DO like it much better than my previous card! I love the combination of cool blues with the warmness of the natural background. Very nice!
Background Basics—I started with a Crumb Cake card base that I stamped with the new Chalk Lines Photopolymer border stamps. The squiggly distressed lines were stamped twice in Sahara Sand ink to create subtle patterned texture on the background.
Painter's Tape Pretties—I used the Painter's Tape Technique to transfer 3 swatches of ink in Soft Sky, Sahara Sand and Lost Lagoon onto a piece of 3" x 4" Whisper White card stock. See below for directions.
Sweet Silhouette—I stamped the wildflower silhouette from World of Dreams in the Memento Black Ink, then added a small sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes. It's matted onto a 3-1/4" x 4-1/4" piece of Soft Sky card stock and popped up with Dimensionals.
Painter's Tape Technique How-To
Have you ever tried this technique? It's so much fun and super-easy to do. You can't be afraid to get your fingers a little messy, though. Here's how you do it:
- Start by tearing off a strip of Painter's Tape, or any temporary-adhesive masking tape. TIP: I like to have my piece a little longer than the length I'll need inked, so I can hold it on the ends without getting ink on my fingers.
- Lay the tape adhesive side down onto your ink pad and press lightly over the tape to pick up ink.
- Lay the inked tape across your card stock.
- Lightly burnish the tape where you want the ink to transfer.
- Carefully peel back the tape to reveal the inked swatch. Too Cool!
I almost added some Pearl Jewels, but I restrained myself (not easy) and decided it was just right with these simple layers and no embellishments.
What do you think? Will my Too Cool Demo Team will like making it? Hope so!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—World of Dreams (wood), Chalk Lines Photopolymer, Teeny Tiny Wishes (wood) card #1, Thoughts & Prayers (wood) card #2
- Ink—Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, Lost Lagoon Classic Ink
- Paper—Crumb Cake, Soft Sky and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—None. Whoa!!!
- Tools—Painter's Tape, Circle Card Thinlits (card #2), Big Shot (card #2), Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!
TC Stamper Sampler Class—Modern Medley Card Set
Thank you so much for the fantastic response to my premiere TC Stamper Sampler Class featuring the Modern Medley Card Set!
Because I'm using some retired products, there are only limited kits available! If you're interested joining us at the July 23 class, or purchasing a Class-To-Go Kit, contact me today!
Don't forget that you can get this class for only $10 if you're one of my Stamp Club members! I still have a few more openings for my first Stamp Club Group.