I had a fantastic time at my Wow Techniques Class last night! What a great group of ladies! Leesa brought her friend Beth, and I found them sneaking around my photography area and laughing. I wondered what they were up to. Turns out they left me a surprise on my camera to commemorate the night…
Awww! I can tell you two ladies are trouble when you get together! LOL! Thanks for adding to the fun!
Today's project is one of the cards we did last night and it features a fun and easy-to-make focal point.
We used the Patterned Occasions Sale-A-Bration stamp set—oh, it's so cute and you can earn it for FREE with a $50 order during Sale-A-Bration. Then, we created a fun folded frame with Parker's Patterns Designer Series Paper to highlight that image.
The Marina Mist card base is layered with a piece of 4" x 5-1/4" Not Quite Navy card stock that has been embossed with the Argyle Texture Impressions Folder. I wrapped some Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding around that layer before adhering it to the base.
The Patterned Occasions elephant is colored directly on the stamp with Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, and Wild Wasabi Markers before stamping onto a 2-3/4" square piece of Whisper White. After folding the designer paper, the whole frame is mounted on a 3-1/4" square of Cherry Cobbler card stock.
UPDATE: My original photo had 4-1/2", but it is really 4-1/4" square as listed below. Sorry for the confusion!
Creating The Folded Frame
- Start with a 4-1/4" square piece of double-sided paper.
- Using the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, score each side at 2-1/8" and 2-7/8"
- Fold the inside score lines in one direction and the outer lines in the other direction depending on which side of the paper you want showing.
Option: If you don't have the Diagonal Plate, you can use the regular Simply
Scored Tool to score it. Position the square like a diamond with the
top and bottom points at the 3" mark, then score at the 1" and 1-1/2"
marks. Repeat on all sides.
- Add Dimensionals between the two score lines, one near each edge, but don't stick them down yet.
- Add Dimensionals on the flip side underneath the pointed flaps. Wait on these, too.
- Add your stamped image, then adhere the Dimensionals.
I like using the folded frame as the diamond shape, but I found that you couldn't use the Cherry Cobbler layer beneath it because it made the frame hang over the edges of the card. Oh well, still cute!
I used the Chevrons Texture Impressions Folder on this one to match the chevron pattern on the paper.
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Patterned Occasions (SAB #129624 c, #129621 w)
- Ink—Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, and Wild Wasabi Markers
- Paper—Parker's Patterns DSP; Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Argyle Texture Impressions Folder (card #1), Chevrons Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), Big Shot, Simply Scored, Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Don't forget to check out all of the Sale-A-Bration items you can earn…choose one FREE item for every $50 you spend!
Receive A FREE Wow! Techniques Class—Every Month!
you know that you can make Too Cool projects just like this one for
FREE every month when you join my Stamp Club? Learn more.
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—See what you can earn for FREE!
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- Best of 25 Years Stamp Club by Mail—Openings still available.
Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- Too Cool Demo Team Meeting—Feb. 11, 6pm
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—February 28, 6:30pm
- Wow Techniques Class—March 8, 6:30pm.