I'm so excited about my Wow! Teahniques Class tonight! We'll be creating some awesome projects, including the one I'm featuring today—the Petal Cone Heart Pouch.
Whether you fill them with chocolates, a gift card, or simply use them for decoration, these pretty hanging heart pouches are perfect for Valentine's Day!
See how cute it is hanging on a doorknob?! Wouldn't this be a fun way to celebrate the occasion with your kids (no matter what age!), roommates, or a co-worker?
The base of the pouch is created with two Petal Cone die-cuts, in Primrose Petals card stock, adhered back-to-back without folding them into a four-sided cone.
Once I adhered the sides together with Sticky Strip, I added stamping over the entire front and back with the flourish from Everything Eleanor inked in Primrose Petals.
I decorated the front with a 5-1/2" x 2" strip of More Amore Designer Series Paper, accented with Finishing Touches Edgelit borders, then trimmed to fit.
The Loving Thoughts sentiment is stamped in Primrose Petals onto a Very Vanilla banner that comes from the same Petal Cone Die.
I used the new Creped Filter Paper for the pretty scrunched flower. First I die-cut five layers using the second smallest die from the Floral Frames Framelits. TIP: It looks better with 6-8 layers, but I was trying to conserve so I had enough for the entire class.
The Creped Filter Paper is so soft and easy to dye! I used a brayer with Pool Party ink and simply rolled over each flower layer a few times.
I stacked the layers on a Pool Party 1-3/4" Scallop Circle punch-out (for stability), pierced the center with my Piercing Tool, and attached them with a Mini Silver Brad. Then it's just a matter of pulling each layer toward the center of the flower, scrunching as you go. When all the layers are scrunched, fluff it until it looks good.
I finished the pouch by punching a couple of holes to hang a 15" piece of Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon. I also added some Very Vanilla scallop circle die-cuts (from the same Petal Cone die) to the inside of the back so the scallops would peek out when viewed from the front.
You can fit a lot in there, too! I put three Ghirardelli Chocolate squares inside and there was still plenty of room for more!
The second version uses the flip side of the More Amore DSP.
Look at all that detail and texture—awesome! The sentiment is from You Are Loved. This time I added some Very Vanilla Seam Binding scrunched and adhered with Sticky Strip.
Instead of using the brayer, this Creped Filter flower is stamped with the oval chevron pattern image from Oh, Hello in Primrose Petals ink. It matched the Designer Paper perfectly!
Don'f forget to stamp the back, too, so it's pretty anywhere you hang it!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Everything Eleanor, Loving Thoughts (project #1), You Are Loved (project #2), Oh, Hello (project #2)
- Ink—Primrose Petals, Pool Party (project #1) Classic Ink
- Paper—More Amore DSP; Primrose Petals, and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Creped Filter Paper, Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon, Mini Silver Brads, Pearl Jewels, Large Pearl Jewels (project #2), Very Vanilla Seam Binding (project #2)
- Tools—Petal Cone Die, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Floral Frame Framelits, Big Shot, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Piercing Tool, 1/8" Hole Punch, Sticky Strip, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Don't forget to check out all of the Sale-A-Bration items you can earn…choose one FREE item for every $50 you spend!
Receive A FREE Wow! Techniques Class—Every Month!
you know that you can make Too Cool projects just like this one for
FREE every month when you join my Stamp Club? Learn more.
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—See what you can earn for FREE!
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- Best of 25 Years Stamp Club by Mail—Openings still available.
Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- Wow Techniques Class—Feb. 8, 6:30pm.
- Too Cool Demo Team Meeting—Feb. 11, 6pm
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—February 28, 6:30pm