CASEd from Lyssa Griffen Zwolanek at Song of My Heart Stampers.
I've been wanting to do this card ever since I first saw it last January after I thought the You Are Loved stamp set was gone for good. Thankfully, the set ended up in the Annual Catalog and now is the perfect time to try out this beautiful and elegant card design! We'll be making it tonight at my "Last Thursdays" card class!
The card is deceptively simple to create and that's why I love it! I started with a Cherry Cobbler card base. The 5-1/4" x 4" Very Vanilla background was created by coloring directly on the stamps with markers.
I used the Primrose Petals ink in the centers of the flowers, Cherry
Cobbler on the outer edges of the flowers, and Always Artichoke for the
leaves. Once I determined where I eventually wanted to place the embossed oval, I stamped once with the flowers going vertically, and without re-inking, stamped again horizontally. I anticipated that the images would be partially covered by the oval.
Next, emboss with the oval Designer Frames Texture Impressions Folder run through the Big Shot.
Then, add some sponging with River Rock ink. I also added some flecks of color with the Color Spritzer Tool using the Chocolate Chip marker.
Finish off the oval by stamping the You Are Loved sentiment in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla and punching it out with the Extra-Large Oval Punch. That oval really pops!
I finished off the cards with a Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon. So, so pretty! It makes a great Valentine's Day card, but it could be used for a get well, sympathy, wedding, thank you, or any occasion to show you care! Very versatile!
Couldn't stop without adding some Champagne Shimmer Mist Spritz to the whole card (click to enlarge the photo to see the shimmer!).
- Stamps—You Are Loved (wood)
- Ink—Primrose Petals, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip Markers; Early Espresso and River Rock Classic Ink
- Paper—Cherry Cobber and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon, Champagne Shimmer Mist Paint (mixed with rubbing alcohol for a spray)
- Tools—Designer Frames Texture Impressions Folder – oval, Big Shot, Extra-Large Oval Punch, Color Spritzer Tool, Stampin' Spritzer, Sponges, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects and more at my Online Store!
We'll be making 20 unique cards
in one afternoon on Janaury 6, starting at 1pm! I only have limited
spaces available at this awesome event, so be sure to reserve your spot
today! Find out complete details about the Spring Catalog Kick-Off and Sale-A-Bration Sneak Peek Party!
Upcoming Too Cool Events!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Cards Class—Dec. 27, 6:30pm.
- Spring Catalog "Kick-Off" Party—Jan. 6, 1pm.
- Wow Techniques Class—Jan. 18, 6:30pm.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—Jan. 22 – March 22.
Too Cool Quick Links!